Sunday, July 17, 2011

Flowers...as promised

I am constantly surprised at all the different flowering plants around here.  In Oklahoma, flowers stay around outdoors for such a short period of time, but here I saw the first flower, a snowdrop, in Platt Field Park on January 28.  Since then, something has always been in flower.

I love that, actually.  The walk along Denison to the bus stop is always fragrant, and Manchester as a whole doesn't smell like a big city, until you get to the very down town part of the city.  Even there, flowering trees are fairly common.

At the moment, butterfly bushes are blooming.  They grow here like weeds.  Seriously.  I've seen butterfly bushes on the tops of buildings, in abandoned lots, growing out of broken windows in derelict buildings...  They smell wonderful!  I do wish that they had nicer greenery, but the blossoms are amazing.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures I've been taking of the plant life I see around here.








Not a terribly exciting blog entry, but I've really been enjoying the plants since I got here.  They keep my walks and bus rides interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment