Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gotta love bureaucracies...

I'm at the local Manchester library.  It's the only place I can get online, and I only have two hours.  The university won't let me access their internet until I officially register in January and my home connection won't be active until the end of January, provided I can get the deposit to them.  They couldn't take my visa and my bank account here won't be open for at least a week, even though they currently have all the paperwork in.

Needless to say, I can't write long, and my updates will be somewhat sketchy for a while. 

Also, I've been given an assignment by my dissertation director to write an article for an encyclopedia she is editing.  I have until the end of December to gather and write a 3000 word piece for editing, to be submitted for publication by the end of January.  All online time is focused on this goal at the moment.  It will be the second publication of mine before I get my PhD.  I'm not sure if I should be proud or worried....

No comments:

Post a Comment