Friday, January 7, 2011

still waiting


Still no internet.  Still no bank account, and still having problems registering.  And to fix the problem with registration, I need to be able to get online.  Sigh…

It’s snowing today, but not sticking to the sidewalks.  Brollies are everywhere.  I suppose I ought to get myself one, but a hat seems easier. 

I sat next to a guy on the bus who either had his mp3 player turned up really loud, had bad earbuds with a lot of noise bleed, or he didn’t have any brains to soften the sound so his empty skull was acting like an amplifier as the music bounced around.  As it always seems that the people with this problem are never listening to classical or jazz or new age or something like that – the music was very heavy on drum beat – I’d go with option three.  Not that I have any problem with rock.  I listen to a lot of it myself.  I just think it doesn’t need to be so loud.  Maybe I’m just getting old.

People driving on the wrong side of the road is something that surprised me a bit.  Not that they do it, but just how little I seem to notice.  Only every once in a while, like when I saw a six year old girl in the “driver’s” side seat, or when someone is turning across traffic but is in the wrong side of the car from my experience, does it cross my mind.  If anybody watched closely they could tell I wasn’t local because I still look right-left-right instead of left-right-left when crossing the street, as you should here.  Decades of checking oncoming traffic that would hit you first from the right hand side is difficult to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment