Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More visa difficulties

Sunday night we got an automated call from UPS saying a package was being flown out overnight, and someone should be there to sign for the package.  Of course, we were home at 9:00 in the morning when it arrived.  Inside was my husband's passport, and a refusal notice.  He is not being allowed a visa.  In the phrasing of his denial was notice that my visa had been approved, however.  I haven't seen my paperwork, and there is nothing in the email to indicate when, or even if, my visa will arrive.  As always, there is no one to call or contact to find out.

This still leaves us with a terrible decision.  Do I continue on to England without my husband or stop trying to get my doctorate and just get a job?  On the one hand is all the work and time it took to get to this point, the amazing opportunity to work with Dr. Gale Owen-Crocker, and my employment prospects without the PhD.  On the other hand is three years of living without the man I have spent almost every day in the same room with for 18 years (the length of his disability so far...we've been married for 25 and known each other for 28).  Not a happy thought.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chris, that's such a terrible situation to be in! I feel for you, I really do. Is there any way you could start taking online classes before you get this visa ordeal straightened out? Good luck with everything, and keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete